Go to top
24-hour Advice Line: 0300 30 32 442

Clinical Defence

Professional Disciplinary Defence

This includes advice and representation in proceedings before a regulatory body (GMC/GDC), (excluding disbursements).

Professional Defence against Patient Complaints

Advice in Professional issues

  • Confidentiality
  • Ethical Issues
  • Medico Legal Practice

Advice and Representation in Performers List issues for GP Principals

This includes advice and representation in Performers List issues.

Representation for trainees in ARCP appeals and in Performers List issues (for GP trainees only)

This includes advice and representation in RITA/ARCP appeals and for GP trainees this also includes representation in Performers list issues.

Frequently asked questions

Do I need indemnity insurance?

You must make sure that you have adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity arrangements in place, covering the full scope of your medical practice in the UK.

For GPs working in England and Wales, this is included in your normal NHS contracts of employment. For Locum GPs in Wales, you must be registered on the All Wales Locum Register (AWLR). CNSGP scheme is valid only for GPs in England and Wales. For Scotland, you must ensure you are covered under CNORIS.

You will still need to maintain membership with a medical defence body (MDO) and trade union to cover services such as patient complaints, regulatory (GMC) and disciplinary proceedings, employment and contractual disputes.

For more information on the Clinical Negligence Scheme for NHS Trusts and General Practice, refer to the latest GMC guidelines here.

Get in touch

If you require a quote or further information, submit your request using this form.