MDS provides a unique service for medical practitioners by combining services typically provided by trade unions and traditional medical defence organisations.
The table below compares the benefits of membership offered by MDS and those offered by trade unions and traditional medical defence organisations.
MDS cover is occurrence based i.e. if an incident happened while membership was in place, it would still be covered if this came to light later.
1. All clinical work involving care of patients as part of NHS employment is indemnified by NHS Resolution via the CNST and CNSGP where applicable (Category 1work)
2. The insured income from Category 2 work varies between different MDOs as part of their standard membership. Please contact us for furtherinformation.
3. MDS can provide non-discretionary indemnity underwritten by Lloyds of London through our partners. Please contact us for an individual quote.
4. Dependent on terms and conditions of the policy and may be subject to additional premiums
5. Discretionary help may be available
6. Discretionary help may be available if related to patient complaint only
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.