MDS provides a unique service for medical practitioners by combining services typically provided by trade unions and traditional medical defence organisations.
The table below compares the benefits of membership offered by MDS and those offered by trade unions and traditional medical defence organisations.
MDS cover is occurrence based i.e. if an incident happened while membership was in place, it would still be covered if this came to light later.
1. All clinical work involving care of patients as part of NHS employment is indemnified by NHS Resolution via the CNST and CNSGP where applicable (Category 1work)
2. The insured income from Category 2 work varies between different MDOs as part of their standard membership. Please contact us for furtherinformation.
3. MDS can provide non-discretionary indemnity underwritten by Lloyds of London through our partners. Please contact us for an individual quote.
4. Dependent on terms and conditions of the policy and may be subject to additional premiums
5. Discretionary help may be available
6. Discretionary help may be available if related to patient complaint only